Friday, January 22, 2010

Well I Love a Rainy Night, I Love a Rainy Night, I Love to Hear The Thunder, Watch the Lightning When It Lights Up the Sky....

Showers washed all my cares away, I wake up to a sunny day... 'Cos I LOVE A RAINY NIGHT! Don't you just LOVE that Eddie Rabbit song? Anyway, as you probably all know, California is FINALLY getting some real rain all this week. It's WONDERFUL! It's been pretty much hard downpours and lots of strong wind the entire week. Andy emailed me about an hour ago and said it was starting to rain again at work. It was sunny here, but with plenty of dark clouds. So he said to look Northwest, that it was on it's way here. Sure enough, maybe half an hour later it started to rain, then it just let loose..... and MAJOR hail came down. YEAH! Having actual winter weather is the best! About 3 minutes before the downpour and hail, Rose and Lexie left here to go play at Jessie's house down the street. I watched them go down the street....they were maybe half way when the sky opened up and their shrieks were clear as a bell from here. It was pretty funny. Of course they had no umbrellas. I had told them to go before it started to rain.... guess I told them that 5 minutes too late. Oh well, nothing like running in the rain when you are a kid!

After the rain stopped the sun came right out so we rushed out to look for rainbows and were not dissapointed! It was a double, but by the time I ran in to get the camera, it was back to a single. Nice! It was the second one Joey and I saw today. Now hopefully the rain will stop for tomorrow. Owen and Madeline are having a party at their house for their birthday. Hope they have a rainy day back-up plan......



















Look close for the hail.

No comments: