Friday, January 8, 2010

This Is The Perfect Age

I talked to my friend Teresa recently. She called me accidentally while driving as my name was right next to the person she actually MEANT to call..... but heck, I'll take it. We hadn't spoken in a while, so we caught up what we were both up to. She has 2 kids.... a boy who is 8 or 9, and a girl who is 11? 3rd and 6th grades.... I think..... See what a bad friend I am? Teresa and I used to work together, and were roommates, twice actually, back in our college days. She and I have had some pretty great (crazy) times together. So many of my good memories from my 20s and 30s include her. Flipped pedicabs, giant sombreros, donuts at 7-11 at midnight..... I have to admit all these times include a night of drinking before hand. She is a great friend, but when we see each other, it's always without kids, so me not knowing every detail about her kids isn't surprising, and I'm pretty sure she doesn't hold it against me. Anyway, she was asking about the kids and when I told her Rose is in kindergarten, she told me to appreciate this age. In her words, it's a perfect age. She still has all her teeth, looks like a cute little girl, acts like a cute little girl (well, most the time)....etc. She is right. This really is a good age. I'm trying to remember and appreciate it all..... good and bad. Here are some of my favorite pictures of my little Rosie as a kindergartner.

Oh, and here is a plug for Teresa's business. She is very successful with Silpada, a line of great sterling silver jewelry: http://mysilpada.com/sites/teresa.price/private/content/home.jsf














No comments: