Saturday, January 2, 2010

All Is Quiet on New Year's Day (and the day after)

Rose had her friend Lexie sleep over on New Year's Day night, so another late night was had by all. We had a VERY relaxed and quiet New Year's day. We stayed home, slept in and then spent the day trying to clean (me... after my short bowl-a-thon)......but it just never gets there....I pick something up and take it to where it belongs only to find a mess there I need to address before I can put away whatever it was in the first place.... I really am still trying to clean up from Christmas. It just isn't happening. So most all of us didn't get to sleep until about 12:30 AM last night....but they rewarded me by letting us all sleep in until 10 AM. YEAH!!! So today, I made a game of un-decorating the tree with the girls. Find 3 ornaments that are green, find a Santa, bring me an ornament with a Santa hat on it.... bring me one with that's an animal. They had a great time, and we got that tree undecorated in a jiffy! (isn't jiffy a great word? ... perhaps I should try to incorporate it into my daily vocab) This is the worst part of the holidays......un-decorating. Not only do we (I) have to take it all down, I have to put it all away too. We got the tree done and everything put away then I tackled the house lights too. I really do feel better now that we are all holiday free..... I HATE the houses that leave the lights up year round. The highlight of the day was Aunt Helene coming this afternoon to spend the night with us and get some time in with the kids. We LOVE when she is here. Anyway.... 1 more day of vacation and the kids are back to school. That will be good to get back into that normal routine. And in case you are wondering, David is STILL playing the Wii all day, and ALL NIGHT, if we would let him. As we knew it would be. Santa, you old salty dog..... you done good.





































No comments: