Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Let's PARTY!

Just a quick note and pictures from Madeline and Owen's birthday party. It rained and rained ALL last week, and looked like it might not let up for the outdoor bouncy party....but the gods smiled down and the sun shone through and it turned out to be a beautiful day. O & M had a great time with so many good friends from school, and plenty of family too. Most all the parents from school stayed for the party, so it really could have been an awkward day with a bunch of people you don't really know, but in the end, everyone got on well and had a great time. (It didn't hurt when the first bottle of beer was cracked open....)


There is a boy named Leighton in O & M's class who likes Rose. This was a bone of contention for quite some time before the party because he was going to attend. Rose is completely mortified that he likes her. He is a cute boy and all he really ever does is say HI to Rose, and perhaps shoves her a little every once in a while to declare his love. A day or two before the party Rose said "Mom, you have to do my hair different for the party." Why Rose? "So Leighton doesn't recognize me!" Well, it turns out that Leighton apparently also likes another girl in his class. When I was taking pictures of everyone, he asked me if I would take one of just him and Alexa, the other woman. He proceeded to put his arm around her and ham it up for the camera. (Alexa was duly mortified, but giggly!) I guess I don't need to be all that concerned about the his love (like) for Rose. (although when I met his parents and told them who I was, in unison they said OH.... You're ROSE'S Mom....we are Leighton's parents.) She must get talked about at home, I guess. Happy Birthday Owen and Madeling! (Leighton is the boy here with Owen)

No comments: