Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Domestic Godess? Why Yes, Yes, I Am........

Sunday I roasted a chicken. No, I'm not even kidding....I really took a raw chicken and roasted it! There was a great deal on whole chickens at the grocery store, so I bought one. I had to call my good friends Bob and Victor to walk me through what to do, and luckily for me, my brother Dale (who is also a great cook) called as I was getting it into the oven, so he was able to give me last minutes tips..... but I did it.... and I even STUFFED it! And really, what's better than stuffing right out of the bird? YUM!!!! And not only did I stuff my friend chickie, I shoved pats of butter under the skin to make it extra juicy. YUM!!!! Now the real question is, why do people do this when they can just go to Costco and buy a fully cooked rotisserie chicken cheaper than a raw one at the grocery store? Oh, the answer is you are Ina Garten, and perfect in every way. Please disregard the unfortunate carrot position in the 'after' shot. Oh, and I think I was supposed to cut off the neck? Who knows, but it was DELICIOUS!

No comments: