Monday, January 11, 2010

David's SUPER FUN Date.......

Friday after school David managed to get (finagle) an invite to his friend Emily's house to play Mario Kart on the Wii. (This picture was early in the school year) So off he went with the understanding we (Emily's Mom and I) would call each other when David wanted to come home. I left him at 11:30. At about 4, I figured I had been negligent in not calling sooner to get him out of their hair. When Molly (Em's Mom) answered, I asked how things were going and she started to laugh. What a shocker, David had been on the Wii the entire time and was still playing. She had made him go to the bathroom twice, but couldn't get him to do anything else. Emily's Dad brought him a happy meal, but they couldn't get him to stop and eat, and Molly didn't have the heart to just turn it off. After a while she put the food next to him with the hope he would start to nibble on it. (He eventually did) Emily was a trooper....she played with him for a long time, then watched him play for a while. She tried to get him to go outside with her, but she was no match for the power of the Wii. Molly told me at one point Emily was watching David play and turned to him and said "I love you David." Being like some true dim-witted Stitzer/Heffernan boys I know (when it comes to girls) his response was "WHY?" Her reply was "because you're so cute!" If he doesn't get engaged to Emily right away, he is silly!

I told Molly I would be over to get him. When Joey and I got there, they were all out in the front yard playing, but not David. I went in to break it to him we would have to leave and understood why he wasn't budging. Apparently Mario Kart is a lot more fun when played on a GIANT (55 inch) flat screen tv with all new raceways, characters and cars unlocked that we don't have on our game yet (because Em's Dad is so good at the game)...... David was in HEAVEN! When I finally got him off the game, he went outside and had a good time playing a little longer with just his friend and their imaginations! Imagine that, there is a world outside of the Wii! He had a great day. Next time, if there is a next time..... I told Molly to just turn off the game. They were great to have him over for so long, and put up with him! THANK YOU!!

Oh, and the following day was Emily's 5th birthday. We were invited to go roller skating with them, but Andy and I were gone for the day for a 30th birthday.... so we had to decline. I know she had a great day.... I asked her about this morning when I took David to school.

No comments: