Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I Heart Facebook and Ke'an!

I was recently "found" by my best friend from Juniper Elementary school. We were inseparable and even had a "buddy pal" song. Up, up and away in my beautiful, my beautiful BALLOON!! When we sang the word balloon, we would throw our heads back and howl like wolves. We were so cool! Ke'an was the greatest friend to have. She was nice but she also had a great house. They had a little zoo..... a monkey, a talking myna bird, raccoons, a horse, a goat, a tortoise or 2 who we always ran around trying to find, a peacock and I'm sure I'm missing something. They also had a pool. What kid wouldn't want to live there? There used to big a big field kitty corner across the street from my house. In the spring / summer the whole field was full of wild sweet peas. We would pick bunches and bunches of them to take home. I know Karen must have been tagging along, because wherever I went she did too, and vice versa. Ke'an's family would take me lots of places with them, Disneyland, Sea World, the SD Wild Animal Park.... it was fun. (with 5 kids, my parents didn't take us to those places very often) When we got to junior high, Ke'an went to a different school. We did go to the same high school, but for some reason, we weren't as close as we had been in elementary school. After that we lost touch. She got married shortly after high school and I moved down to attend San Diego State.

Last Friday Ke'an and I met up for lunch. David and Joey came along too, but Rose was still in school. We haven't seen each other in 29 years. We had a great 3.5 hours playing catch up. It sure didn't seem like so much time had past. Ke'an looks just as I remembered. She hadn't changed at all, and is still as beautiful as I knew her as a kid. She is still married to her hubby, Harry (whom I have never met) and she also has 2 boys....but they are a tad older, 18 and 22. It was great to see her. I know we won't lose touch again. Thanks for finding me, Ke'an!

No comments: