Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Waiting For Santa............

Ok kids, we better go see Santa today....you all need to tell him what you want.... YEAH!!! An hour and a half later of screaming, crying and fighting, off we go to the mall! Now, 2 days before Christmas, I'm pretty sure it will be smooth sailing with NO wait to see the Big Man. Better pack some snacks in my purse for the certain 5 hour wait. But if we don't go today, we probably won't see him at all.....and the kids really need to tell him they want a Wii. I decide not to bring a stroller so I wouldn't have navigate around a million people and have to deal with elevators and every other Mom or Dad in frenzy mode 2 days before Christmas. As you all know, it's no small feat for me to get out the door to go anywhere. By the time we get in the car, I am ready to pull my hair out....but let's go have some fun kids!!! We got to the area where Santa was without too much obnoxious yelling on my part only to find the line closed off and the adorable elf, who really was too tall to have the job, telling us frustrated parents that they were closing the line because Santa will have to go to lunch. He didn't want us waiting in line only to get to the front and have Santa have to take off for break. How thoughtful of him! I asked if we could take our chances and wait.....I knew this was the only time I was willing to do the whole Santa trip. Ok, he said, so we got in line and waited. There were probably 15 other families who did the same thing after us before that elf had to get serious with the new comers and just say no. Well, after not TOO much "No David.... ROSE! Stop it Joey....... GET IN A GOOD MOOD FOR SANTA....." there we were, right up to SC. They don't let you take pictures, so I didn't get any on my camera but we did buy a family "value" pack, so perhaps I will get Andy to take it to work and scan it so I can post. Anyway..... we got a good picture and the kids were able to tell Santa what they wanted, so mission accomplished! Now hopefully he will come through with that Wii......or we are in for a BAD Christmas! Happy Holidays!

No comments: