Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Rainy Days and Sundays Always Get Me Down.....

I love the rain since we never get it. Yesterday was a GREAT storm. It was really windy, so the wind spinners were spinning as fast as they could and the rain gutters overflowed, even though I just cleaned them out when I was on the roof hanging Christmas lights. Good thing I did, or they really would have been much worse. Too bad I wasn't able to collect the rain water to water my dead grass later in the month when it gets back up to 90 degrees. There is something to be said for wearing shorts on Christmas..... Anyway, yesterday was a nice rainy day. I was in class with David. The kids weren't able to go outside to play, so they had a treat and watched a "movie". It was 'Where the Wild Things Are'. Not the full length movie that is out right now, but a 10 minute version animated from the book. Sometimes Mrs. Martin will pop popcorn for them, but we ran out of time, so we didn't do that. The kids loved it! Emily invited David to share her umbrella, ella, ella, ella on the way out to the car.

When Rose came home, she was quite excited because they got to eat their snack and play in the classroom during the break instead of going outside. A nice change for her. Joey, who had to stay home with Granna in the morning while I went to school, was mad about it all, stormed upstairs after we all left and fell asleep in the middle of the hallway until I got back home. After that he was just fine and also loved watching the rain. When Rose got home they all played with Joey's birthday toys and got never even got mad at each other. In the late afternoon we baked cupcakes for Joe's birthday dessert. My little helpers are always SO helpful! It was a nice way to spend the day!
















It's always fun to eaves drop on the kids while they play. Rose had on Joey's new tool belt and had his new remote from a Lightning McQueen car she was using as a phone. I heard her saying "yeah, there is a problem here with your building"..... it was so funny. Of course they stop immediately when they figure out you are listening.











2 comments:

arlawless said...

Oh, Ann, I absolutely LOVE that picture! I hope you don't mind, but I'm gonna steal it and post it to my Facebook 'cause I love it so much. Thanks for taking it! See you tomorrow. :-)

Ann said...

Swipe away! I had planned on sending it to you, but didn't get to it yet. They are pretty darn cute!