Monday, December 7, 2009

Happy 3rd Birthday Joey!

Today is Joe's birthday. I have been thinking all day about being in the hospital 3 years ago. Getting there at 5 AM. Getting all prepped for the c-section then going in to the operating room and getting that LOVELY anesthesia, then a little snip snip, yank yank, staple staple....here's your baby boy! C-sections are fabulous! By the 3rd baby in less than 3 years, you don't get nearly as many visitors at the hospital. It was great, I had 4 fabulous days relaxing at the hospital, enjoying my new baby boy without many interruptions. He is so charming and so frustrating all in the span of 30 seconds and I just adore him. He is a real cuddler, which I love.
Sunday we threw a small (well, small for us) party for him with family and a few friends. We had a Spiderman jumpy, Lightning McQueen pinata....or as Joey says, pi-ana, a dinosaur cake and Pirates of the Caribbean plates and napkins. Aren't we SUPER at carrying out a theme? Perhaps once the kids are all in school and I retire from being a stay at home Mom, I will become a party planner. The weather was pretty cool with some clouds, but the impending rain held off until today. Today, on Joe's actual birthday we are having a GREAT storm. Rain ALL day, wind and COLD! Nice and wintery. So yesterday for his party, he woke up crank-city crankus and remained that way. All he would do is cry, scream and want to be held. Everyone got here around noon and by 1, I took him upstairs and he was asleep within 2 minutes. So, he slept through half of his party until I woke him up and demanded he have a good time so we could do the pinata and cake. He actually woke up in a MUCH better mood and did have a great time for the rest of the party. It was a really great day. Happy Birthday Joey! I love you!
As a side note, my nephew Owen lost a tooth after the party. I think he now has more missing teeth than baby teeth in his mouth. Love those toothless grins!




























































































































Joey, a History of Birthdays:




































No comments: