Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Silly Things


This is an entry for me, so can remember funny things that probably only I will laugh at.

The other day I turned on Disney Channel for David. The movie Happy Feet came on about the dancing penguin..... we have never seen it. David turns to me and says, "No, too penguin-y."
David loves the word 'beautiful.' Here are a few for-instances: We decorated our tree out front with orange lights and pumpkin lanterns for Halloween. He and I were looking at it after dark the first night and he said, "it's so beautiful." We went to visit my Dad at a convalescent care facility where he is currently rehabbing from back surgery. As we were leaving, he said "it's so beautiful here, why do we have to leave?"........... "Mommy, isn't it a beautiful day?" ........."Granna, your flowers are beautiful." It's so nice to hear him say it as he genuinely means what he is saying. He is such a sweet and thoughtful boy.

The neighborhood kids were out with sidewalk chalk drawing and writing riddles on the driveway....like: what do you get when you cross a river and a brook? ...wet. I was reading them all out loud the next day with Rose. There was one that got sort of washed off.... so I was reading it and asking Rose the punchline.....what is a whale's favorite thing to chew? She looked at me and said " I don't know, I can't read!"

Every morning when I carry Joey down the stairs as we hit each step he says "Ow... Ow.... Ow..." It's funny and sweet. When Rose was a toddler, whenever we would walk down the steps she would always say "Mommy, hold my hand".... I miss those days.

Joey is currently into adding the sound -ia to the end of a lot of words. My favorite is Mommia. He also pronounces popcorn as caw-corns. "Mommia, I want caw-corns." I know this is only something his mom would find adorable.

No comments: