Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The Pumpkin Patch

Ah, the best part of school...... substitute teachers and field trips! David's class went to Oma's Pumpkin Patch in Lakeside, CA 2 weeks ago. It was his first time on the big yellow school bus, and he loved it! Joey and I drove separately. We went last year with Rose's class too, and I was amazed when I saw how beautiful the drive out there is and area surrounding the farm. Makes me understand how people love country life. (But then I think about how far of a drive it would be to Wal-Mart, and think how lucky I am that I live right down the street.) You would really never know you are in San Diego if you were just dropped down to this place. The farm is great. They have TONS of games and fun for the kids, including a cotton seed hill the kids slide down on snow sleds. It was a beautiful day, maybe 65 degrees out. Last year when we went with Rose's class, we were in the middle of a heat wave and it was 102 degrees. Rose got jipped this time as she had school and didn't get to go......the downside of getting older! David picked out the first pumpkin he touched..... he doesn't waste time picking and choosing. We had a great time! As a side note, Rose had a sub for a few days last week. Her class is too young to actually to appreciate Ye Olde Substitute and play tricks. Well, I never actually did anything like that ever when I was in school, but on sitcoms, it's always HILARIOUS!


Top: (L-R) Ryan, Noelani, Thomas, Kai & Tommy
Front: Joey, Kendal, Kayla, Kai Leah, Lucas, David, Emily, Lana & Kyvia

Oldies but Goodies: These are from last year at the same pumpkin patch

No comments: