Saturday, July 11, 2009

Happy Birthday Dad, Take 2

So we finally got over to Dad's house to celebrate his birthday. Karen and I took the kids (on a weekday, so no hubbies) for some swimming, BBQ-ing and fun. My step-sister, Rhonda, and her daughter Kendall are visiting too, so the kids all had much fun swimming and playing. All those swim lessons are paying off. It's great to watch Rose and David so confident in the water along side Owen and Madeline who are also now great swimmers!

My Dad turned 76 on July 1st. He now often will declare that he is the music man this year and simultaneously bursts into "76 Trombones." Now, if you know my father, you can easily picture this. Karen and I talk about how when we were growing up my Dad would OFTEN embarrass us by singing and dancing when we were out in public. Now that we are Moms, we realize we are the same....singing, dancing and whistling to the chagrin of our kids who often tell us to stop whatever we are doing to irk / embarrass them. Wow.... it's so true that you really do become your parents. That's fine with me, I think I have pretty great ones.
Grandpa has a new pool boy

No comments: