Monday, February 1, 2010

Hip Hip Hooray for the 100th Day!

Today is the 100th day at school. Rose's teacher, Mrs. Garcia, instructed all the kids (parents) they needed to make a t-shirt with 100 things on them. Stickers, pennies, buttons, bows..... you name it. Well, being Martha Stewart for the last week, I figured I could whip up something pretty freaking cute. I was thrifty (cheap) and made Rose wear the shirt I bought for this project to the Sock Hop first, unadorned, then worked my Wonder Woman magic to transform it. And it turned out SUPERGREAT! I spread out all the buttons and asked Rose how she wanted to position them. She decided on a peace sign, the same as what her friend Ani was going to do. So we sorted them by color to make a rainbow, then made a peace sign then I hot glued them on. For some reason half way through, Rose took a look at the shirt and went ballistic. She told me how I was doing it ALL wrong, and how I just didn't understand what I was supposed to do. This is when I wonder how this child-o-mine can be sweet as an angel one moment, then turn into the devil child a few minutes later. After she saw the finished product, she was back to super sweet and loved it.....as I knew she would.

When I picked her up from school today I checked some of the shirts....and while they were cute, Rose had the cutest. (As I knew she would) Come on kids with sticker shirts, put a little more effort into it! Ok, now I just sound snobby. (last picture: Mrs. Garcia gave them all funny glasses because they had made it 100 days and were smart. I think Rose looks pretty cute in hers.)

Oh, and by the way, Rose came home, asked if she had homework, yes you do.... can we go to Disneyland? Right now? Yes... no, we can't, you have school in the morning.....and now she is back to being she-devil. 5 is FUN! But at least she has a cool shirt!

1 comment:

V and B said...

That turned up to be a cute T-shirt for Rosie. Your kids are lucky to have such a crafty Mom! Martha couldn't even shine your shoes!