Saturday, February 6, 2010

Happy Saturday!

This is a catch up post about the week.

Today is Saturday. What a great day..... nice, cold, rainy day. Rose had ANOTHER birthday party to attend last night, a slumber party birthday for our neighbor, Jessie. She turned 7 on Feb. 1st. Anyway, Rose did the slumber party last night then part of today. We had to go pick up more Girl Scout cookies, then I had the absolute LUXURY of walking out the door and getting into the car completely ALONE to go get my hair done. Believe me, this RARELY happens....going anywhere without at least 1 child, usually more. It was delightful.....but I could have been going to the dump and it would have been just as delightful, all by myself. Now my gray roots match the rest of my naturally super dark brown hair. Perhaps this summer I will go back to naturally blond. Anyway, after my appointment and running a few errands, I came home to find Rose had taken a nap, and Joey WAS napping. Rose and David were having a great time playing together. David really does miss her a lot during the week when she is at school. Now all 3 are all sitting on the couch watching a movie together. A lovely, winter day.

David had not 1, but 2 play dates with Emily this week. Emily came over after school on Wednesday and spent several hours with us. She would play the Wii with David for a while, then break to play with Joey, then back to David, back to Joey. Rose came home and they all played the Wii together, then Lexie and Tyler came over. She enjoyed playing with them all. She was quite the hit when she pulled a Nintendo DS out of her bag and they all took turns playing with it. She didn't want to leave when Molly (mom) came to get her. Friday after school, David went with Emily and family to eat and play at McDonald's. We met them there for a while, then David went back home with them to play more. It was another marathon date which they both loved. Wouldn't it be sweet if they ended up married and could say they have known each other since they were 3?

Rose was a real fashion plate all this week. When she wasn't wearing her uniform of 100 things shirt on Monday, or Midland Rattlers shirt on Friday, she was the best dressed kindergartner wearing cute skirts and dresses the other 3 days. I only snapped a picture 1 day, but trust me she looked good all week! There is nothing more cute than a little girl in tights!

Joey, my shadow, is SO ready to start school. The trouble is, he just isn't interested in potty training AT ALL. He knows he needs to in order to start school, but boy do we FIGHT over it. I figure I will attempt again after we get through the next few weeks. We have family galore coming to town next week. Andy's folks get here Thursday for Stacy deBoom's wedding on Saturday. Aunt Roz and Aunt Paula are coming for the wedding too...... and nieces Laura, Mary and Jane are coming on Saturday for the Presidents week off, along with my brother Dave. Should be a fun, busy week with everyone here. But back to Joey..... since he and I spend so much time alone now with Rose in school full time and David part time, he has become VERY attached to me. He follows me everywhere, and helps me with every chore I have to do. You know how helpful it is having a 3 year old helping....... but I love it (most of the time) and know I will miss all this when he finally starts school. I never had this kind of time with Rose or David.....time alone. They both have always had another sib around at home....always, except of course when Rose was a baby. Joey misses the kids when they are at school, and is always very excited when it's time to go pick them up. It piratically killed him when David went to play at Emily's.

Well, that's about all. Tomorrow is the Super Bowl. Friends Pete and Alex will come spend the afternoon with us. We will BBQ and the kids will all have a good time together. I'm a dork and will take breaks when the game is on so I can make sure I catch the commercials. They filmed a commercial for Miller, or Coors at Del's barber shop in Escondido, so I will watch for that. Apparently Anheiser Busch has the rights to all beer commercials during the game, so it would be before or after. Oh, and that lasagna never did get made.....nor was it a week of culinary genius....unless you call Totino's Pizza Rolls a culinary delight. There is always next week.

No comments: