Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Pee-wee's Big Adventure

Used to be these guys were out in the middle of nowhere. You would see them off the freeway and wonder why in the world they were there. Who knows, who cares.....they are just FABULOUS! (I actually do know, I Googled them when I got home) Now they are hidden behind a Burger King and some other restaurants and you really have to look to find them. I had never stopped to see them before. On our way home from Palm Desert I decided that the kids and I need to do some good old fashioned road trip stuff. This rates right up there with the world's largest ball of twine, which I will see someday.... Andy was in his car, which is good because he wouldn't have wanted to stop. Not his thing. Anyway, the boys were SUPER excited, Rose not so much. We went into Dinny, the Brontosaurus, who happens to have a gift shop in his stomach. I didn't have my wallet with me, and the kids were MAD! We didn't go into Rex, because you had to pay...plus the kids didn't even realize you could. I got my pictures and can now mark that off my list of things to do. I didn't a fridge magnet, so maybe we have to stop again next time....and this time bring the wallet. And if you were wondering and didn't know, Pee-wee stopped at the dinos while on his quest to find his stolen bike in his movie. He and (I think it was) Dottie sat in the mouth of Rex in one scene. One year I gave Karen a Pee-wee Herman doll complete with white patent leather shoes and pull string on the back to hear all his catch-phrases for Christmas one year..... she got rid of it. Man......


You are a weird Mommy.



1 comment:

arlawless said...

Love it! I wanna go see Dinny and Rex...