Thursday, July 8, 2010

77 Sunset Strip

July 1st was my Dad's 77th birthday. My Dad has always been the coolest. When we were kids, if we were out with him, he wouldn't hesitate to sing, act goofy or make jokes. Karen and I were mortified....but now can appreciate how cool, or perhaps that should be geeky he was. We spent his birthday poolside as seems to be the tradition as of late. Rose had her friend Allison with us and Owen and Madeline had their friend Alexa, so along with our kids and a visit from cousin Kendahl and sister Vanessa (my step sister's daughters).....it was a loud, crowded, kid filled place. We baked Gramps some cupcakes (which happened to match his shirt perfectly) and threw him a BBQ and called it a day. It was a nice way to spend his birthday. Dad and Jann keep threatening to sell the house and move to the coast, or Vegas in a condo.....all I have to say is they better have a pool! Happy Birthday Dad! I love you!




















No comments: