Monday, September 28, 2009

It's So Noisy at the Fair, But All Your Friends are There..............

Last Friday was Midland Elementary's Country Fair at school. This is a fund raiser for the PTA and school. Boy, they start pumping you for money early. School has been in session for little over a month and they have already had the gift wrap sale fund raiser and now the country fair. A good mother would fill her children up with a nutritious meal before heading to the event. I let my kids show up starving, knowing there would be plenty of crap I could fill them up with, thus, alleviating the need to feed them dinner later. It was a nice HOT day, leading up to a HOT evening. They had the fair out on the black top at the back of the school, which was still in the full sun for a good 2 more hours. I'm not a genius, but perhaps they should think about moving it 50 feet over to the grass, which would make it at least 10 degrees cooler. Perhaps I should join the planning committee? Black top it is! It was wretched hot.... but how is it that kids don't really notice or care? Anyway, a good time was had by all......my kids and niece & nephew won the cake walk, they played tug of war, sack raced, hula hooped, danced, they got their fill of snow cones, cotton candy, candy, popcorn..... and other good crap-ola! I got my fill of the free chili at the chili cook off, so there was dinner! What more could I ask for? Now.... the kids didn't fall asleep until.....well, I was asleep before them , so the sugar high was really Andy's problem, now wasn't it? Bring on the Spring Carnival!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi aunt Ann it is me your favorite niece as you know it is me Laura. I cannot belive tat Rosie is six!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I miss you guys how are yall.You know that I don't talk like that. Sally got her wisdom teeth pulled she looks like a chipmunk. I love you aunt Ann From your favorite niece.

Anonymous said...

Helloooooooo! I am Laura's best friend you can call me Pretzels. We just watched Julie & Julia for our sleepover last night so we're really excited cuz it was great and we want to write/comment on a blog now. David, Owen, Joey, Rose, Madeline, are so cute! I think the fair looks fun, was it? I LUV MUNKEYTOES! (We're having them for breakfst). We stayed up until 11:30, then tried not to talk for fifteen minutes. We fell asleep... .