Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Happy Birthday to my Supergreat Mom!!

Today is a very important date....my Mom's birthday. If not for her, there would be no Supergreat Me! Today Barbara Jean Edwards Heffernan turns 76. She is really a remarkable person. She travels more than anyone I know. Whenever anyone asks me about her, one of the first things they ask is where is going next? She has been to more countries than I can count. When I was just starting college (the first time around) she went on a safari..... Tanzania and some other countries, I think. This was a hardcore-carry a backpack and tent-it trip. She has the greatest picture that she took of the rear end of a lion taking a crap right near her tent. That picture hung in her house for the longest time amongst others from that trip. Her latest love is the cruise. She has been on MANY and is going on another in a few weeks. She watches my kids when not travelling so I can be a participating parent for preschool. I will start doing this for kindergarten soon too....we just need to work it out.

The boys and I took lunch to her yesterday as she had a doc appointment today. I feel a little bad that Rose didn't get to come and celebrate her birthday too, but it was a good time to go, so we took advantage of it. The boys picked out an adorable Halloween Wicked Witch on a bike wind spinner. I forgot to take the camera with us, so I don't have a picture to show.... but it's great. She really is amazing and I love her very much. Thanks for being my Mom, Mom.....and not stopping after 3 boys! Happy Birthday!! (The picture above was from her 72nd birthday celebration)





Mom with her brother-in-law, Carl. He and my Aunt LuAnn share the same anniversary as Andy and myself. LuAnn is my Mom's youngest sister....and Mom is the oldest. Can you tell she's my Mom? Bottle of Sierra Nevada in front of her? At-a girl, Babs!

No comments: