Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Spinners? We Don't Need No Stinking Spinners!!! Ok, Maybe We Do


Ok, so I was sad to take down the Halloween wind spinners. They really were pretty darn cute.... But what am I going to do, leave them up till Easter? How is a skeleton on a bike going to welcome the Easter Bunny into our yard? "Hey, I love the whole idea of spookiness and day of the dead stuff....but please leave some awesome candy treats inside delightfully colored eggs for the kids who dwell in this fantastic abode"...... Or do we leave them up until they come up with some AWESOME Menorah wind spinners? So down they went yesterday when we took down the lights and threw out the carved pumpkins.

I don't usually call much more attention to my supergreatness than is necessary, but today is my birthday. Rose was home sick for the 2nd day in a row with a mild fever and slight cough. (I just don't want this to turn into the full blown swine flu, which apparently is going around San Diego.) ANYWAY...... Rose & Joey and I went to pick up David from preschool. We were driving home when I told them we should stop at the garden shop and look for a super-kick-ass Thanksgiving wind spinner for ME. Well....... $140 later, give or take, please check out our new wind spinners.

We went for super traditional:

Turkey Lurkey: Mine, all MINE!












Ok, so what says Thanksgiving more than Dragons, Cats on Bikes & Fairies?

















No comments: