Sunday, November 8, 2009

Happy Birthday to ME!

Wednesday, Nov. 4th, was my birthday. I turned forty-freaking-six. I jipped myself of my 45th year though as about half way through the year I was thinking about being 46 so much, that I forgot that I was only 45. Anyway....here I am at 46. When you were young didn't you think everyone was OLD and such 'grown-ups' when they were this age? I don't feel old....and I certainly don't feel like a grown up. I wonder when that will ever kick in. I still feel sort of weird that I'm a Mom....perhaps that's all part of it. Now, if I could just get rid of the wrinkles, maybe I would look more like I feel. Oh, and thanks for the wrinkle cream, Mom!

I had a great, uneventful day....then that night we had pizza with Karen & fam and my Mom. I was showered with love, presents, entertainment, a beautiful purple flower cupcake cake, oh, and a win by the Yankees to become World Series champs, therefore, a happy husband. The kids performed as a Chinese Dragon with a bedspread (where do they come up with this good stuff?) and it made for a really good birthday.
Andy, in all his sports-minded creativity, gave me a framed, autographed photo of Doug Plank. It says: Ann, From one 46 to Another, Doug Plank. Ok, stay with me here..... Plank played for the Chicago Bears and wore the number 46 and had a defense named for him....the 46 defense by his coach, Buddy Ryan. Plank is now a defensive coach for the JETS under head coach, Rex Ryan, son of his old coach Buddy. Our good friend Mike Roth knows Doug, so Andy was able to coordinate with Mike to get the photo. Leave it to Andy to come up with such a creative gift for good old me, 46! I've decided I might just stay 46 for a few years.
Thanks to everyone for calling, emailing, Face Booking and wishing me a HB in person. I love you all!


































































No comments: