Sunday, November 29, 2009

More Sweet Things for Me to Remember

Joey has always been a pat-er. He gives me pats on my shoulder. When I get him up to go down stairs in the morning, or when he is upset and I pick him up, or he is going down for a nap....he pats my shoulder or back. It's always with his right hand while he burrows his head into my shoulder. SO incredibly sweet. He had stopped doing it for a few months, then a few days ago started again....which is why I'm writing it down while I remember. How can he be SO frustrating with all his screaming and crying....then so sweet you want to squeeze him to death, all in a span of a few minutes?

David is so inquisitive. He asks so many questions. I love the way he responds when we give him an answer. All he says is "oh"....but the way he says it makes Andy and I laugh. It is sweet and funny and we try our best to imitate it to each other, but David does it the best.

I took David and Rose to a play our neighbor Lexie was in last weekend. It was a production of Beauty and the Beast. Lexie was in the cast. There were a few big full cast numbers in the beginning of the play, much to my children's delight. It was a good show, but BY FAR my favorite moment was after the first big number with all the cast singing and dancing. I looked over at David and Rose as they were applauding. I almost cried at how enthusiastically David was clapping. I have never seen him clap so hard.... sitting up in his seat with his little glasses on clapping so hard that his whole body shook. I love these days.

When Rose was a baby she loved to get her fingers in my hair and twirl it around her fingers. I would pick her up and her hands would go right to the hair, especially when she was tired. We would let her sleep with us a lot and to put herself to sleep, she would grab my hair and play with it. It got a little annoying at times and I would have to ask her to stop, but now she doesn't do anymore and I sure do miss it. I guess I need to remember to appreciate everything. She does still play with her own hair, especially when it's in a pony tail....but it's just not the same. That girl has great hair!

No comments: