Thursday, April 22, 2010

A Few Random Things

Me to the Boys: "Let's play Candyland." (They go to get the game and David returns without the box)
David: "Ann, the game board is missing."
Me: "What did you say?"
David: "The game board is missing, Ann!"
Well now, I wasn't even sure he knew my name.


My Grandma, Sally Holley, turned 98 on April 12th. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to go see her. So much going on with my Mom.... more to follow. Happy Birthday Granny!


David and Joey started swim lessons again this week while Rose is at school. While they don't have their same teachers, they did get to see them again and both teachers were VERY excited to each one. It was so nice to see how sweet they both were to each boy! And the boys were delighted to see them too. They are getting right back into it, almost as if 9 months hadn't even passed. Rose did get to see her old swim teacher last week at the soccer park. He happened to be the coach for the team the boys were playing. They were both delighted to see each other too. Rose would LOVE to get back into lessons too. That girl does love to swim!

Overheard:
David to Joey: "That's SO annoying!"
David to Me: "Mommy, isn't that interesting?"
Rose and David: "Oh, that's gotta hurt...." (usually when they see a character die in a game)

When Rose was a baby and just getting the hang of talking, she would call her cousin Owen Owney. Rose also used to say "no-me, no-me no-me..." and "abita-abita-abita" was another favorite. She also used to say "mana-mana juice" when she wanted juice.

When Owen was just getting the hang of talking, he would say something that sounded like itchy-bomb. Every once in a while Andy and I will say to one or the other: itchy-bomb. What a great expression!

I LOVE the smell of Crayola brand crayons. There is nothing better than when the kids open the tub of crayons to color. Mmmmm....... Brand new dollar bills and Scotch brand tape smell fantastic too.

No comments: