Friday, August 14, 2009

I Love it When We're Cruising Together.........

Day 2 started with Andy being a tad hung over. So.... I was on my own with the kids for most of the day. He got up and went to breakfast with some family members, then came back to the room. The kids slept very late, until about 10:15 or so. They had been doing so many things the last few weeks and were very sleep deprived, so I let them sleep. By the time we went down for breakfast, it was time for lunch. We ate then got dressed to swim. Andy was still in sleep mode, so the kids and I were off to the pool. The weather was actually sort of chilly. It was an "at sea" day...sort of cloudy and rather windy.....but, Rose would not be deterred. We couldn't find any other family members, so we parked it and got in. Ok, here's how it really went. I wasn't in the best of moods. I was mad at playing single Mom and kept saying that I didn't want to get in, but Rose wouldn't get in unless I did. She can swim pretty well now, but it was just one of those times when she didn't want to be in alone. There really isn't a shallow end in any of the pools and that bugged her. So...... I got in. The pools are salt water, and VERY salty. If you went under water, your eyes stung, even if you didn't open them. I don't ever remember it being that bad swimming in the ocean when I was a kid. The temp was 75 degrees, not too bad. Once I got in, Rose did too. She figured out she was fine without a shallow end, so after a little but, she let me get out. The boys and I sat by the edge and Rose swam. We never did see anyone else we knew. The trouble with being on the ship, unless you are in your room to get a phone call, you can't reach anyone else. Our rooms were all far apart, so we never saw or heard family coming in and out of rooms.

After swimming, it was time for dinner. Tonight was formal night, or as the kids called it, FANCY night. Andy rallied and we all got ready and headed down for dinner. The boys looked adorable in suits my Mom had bought for them just for the trip. David looked like a little accountant with his suit and glasses. He LOVED wearing the suit. Joey wore it, but a tad begrudgingly. Dinner was nice, and fun to see everyone dressed up. That night we agreed to make sure we were all able to meet up on the ship during the days. After a while, the ship did become pretty small though, and were able to find each other fairly easily by the end of the week. We spent some time on the promenade again that night....can't remember exactly what we did. The kids were all loving having each other to play with.


Sophie and Liz Salinas

No comments: