Thursday, August 18, 2011

Summer and Family

I have great nieces and nephews.  They are as wonderful as my kick-ass kids… and I can say that with all honesty as I don’t have to live with them and have to deal with all the day to day kid-krap (isn’t that krazy how I spelled krap with a K?) their parents do.   I just get to enjoy the wonders that they are.  This was a good for summer for visitors to come a-callin.  Early on we got to have Sally, Jane, Mary and Laura here with my brother Dave, and most recent, we had Ian come from Chicago with my in-laws, Barbara and Paul.  Roz and Helene were around for a week too, but we were lucky enough to go visit with them at their fun hotel…not just stay at our boring house.  I am truly grateful for a fun summer with family and friends.  What was shaping up to be one of the worst years of my life has turned around nicely.  Perhaps more on that at another time.  (Or perhaps not every aspect of my personal life need to be shared for all eternity on the internet…. and most all know the gist of things anyway)  On to the photos!   Here are just a few.  I will have to share photos of Ian’s visit later, after I can figure out how to get them off the camera.  It’s currently being held together with masking tape and doesn’t want to download.  Time for a new camera.

The usuals: Rose, David, Owen, Madeline & Joey…plus Laura, Mary, Sally & JaneIMG_5504

4th of July parade IMG_5627 IMG_5649 IMG_5681 IMG_5669IMG_5558 IMG_5395IMG_5572 IMG_5560

No comments: