Friday, August 20, 2010

Sleepless in Seattle

School starts next week. This summer FLEW by. Why does life seem to accelerate the older you get, especially after you have kids? Summers used to seem so nice and long when I was a kid. (I'm quite sure my parents would disagree) And time just crept by when I was waiting for a birthday, or Christmas, or some other big day. Perhaps I should start to concentrate on big events in the future and time will slow down a little. Ayway, the point of this is, summer is essentially over and I haven't eeked out a single picture or much of anything about our Seattle / Alaskan cruise vacation, other than the brief post when I first got there. I figure I better just jump in and at least get some pictures posted.

Our week in Seattle, though laden with sick kids, was a good week. The cousins all had a great time together. It works out so well for me to have so many willing and able helpers for the kids. We did pass the kid's crud bug on to Liz and Laura... sorry! We ended up getting out and doing a few things..... a picnic day at Green Lake, a day trip to Snohomish, a few driving trips into Seattle....and best of all, lots of time with the cousins (nieces), Dave, Liz and my Mom. I really do love this family! We always have a great time when we all get together.
Notes:
Somehow I managed to not get a single photo of Liz. Unfortunately, she did have to work all week, so she didn't get to come out and play with us. Plus, she was laid out in bed for a while with the superfun bug we brought.
The last picture is Mom and her sister Carolyn. She flew in Thursday night for the cruise the following day.

No comments: