Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A Nice Memory

I have a constant narrative running through my head.  I think to myself: blog this soon so you remember.  Easier said than done.  I’m a super great writer in my head… so many witty things to say.  Just ask me!  But then the day gets snowballing and suddenly it’s time to put the kids to bed and start it all over again. 

I was snooping on some random Mom’s blog where she had a picture of herself pushing a jumbo-size shopping cart at the grocery store.  The kind with the car on the front, with her 2 small boys inside.  I wish I had someone snap a picture like that for me.  I want to be able to remember all the times that were so routine, that I never even thought to document.  I distinctly remember a shopping trip where I had Joey strapped to my chest in a snuggly, David strapped into an infant car seat in the shopping cart (must have been asleep) and Rose sitting in the cab of the car at the front of the cart.  I wish I had a picture of that.  I do, in my head….even remember what I was wearing… a blue and white stripe polo shirt.  My standard ‘Mom’ uniform.   I also remember the time I did a full grocery shopping trip while holding a sleeping David, slung over my shoulder.  I hope I never forget those times.  I would however, like to forget all the times when we had a bad day and I would get so angry at the kids.  I have tremendous guilt over times like those.  But, tomorrow is always a new day.  A new day to start fresh and make good memories to replace the bad.  So, before I make myself start sobbing, I will wrap this up. 

I was able to get on here and post because right now Joey is napping on the couch.  He rarely takes naps anymore, so this is a nice treat for me.  He will be in kindergarten next year, so I’m trying hard to enjoy this last year with him.  With 1 last child in school only part-time.   Andy….you better watch out.  I’m starting to think about adopting that little Chinese baby!  Good thing for you my bio-clock has retired. 

No comments: